Sunday, August 23, 2015

Quick Post

I am alive and well :)  I have made it through a week and two days  of school, all the days we've had students so far.  I was able to make it to all the really vital staff meetings prior to school, and am feeling stronger with each day - yeah!!  My taste buds are just beginning to come back, although it is still hit and miss on some days.  I can have a great breakfast and lunch, and then the taste buds go south; or I can have an entire day of everything still tasting bad; or I can have a fine breakfast and part of lunch before things start tasting funky - so, it's coming, but in fits and starts.

I go in for my first round of "non-ooky" chemo tomorrow morning - it will be much shorter and NO side effects.  I plan to ask the doc about when life should go back to "normal," meaning, when my immune system is back to full strength, when I'll finally have my taste buds back, when the polka-dots on my arms and head will disappear, and what kinds of long-term effects I should be watching for. 

I am frantically trying to get everything ready for school for the time I will be out for surgery - still LOTS to do and barely a week to get it done in!!  But I knew some of you were wondering.

I'll post more later - probably closer to surgery.  I will be out all day again next Monday for my PET scan and some other pre-surgery stuff, so my days are flying!!

Thanks for all your prayers and support - they are felt and appreciated!!

Love,
Sherri

No comments: