Friday, November 27, 2015

A Late Thanksgiving Note

One of my joys - bread baking!!!
Rising before going in the oven...
I am late getting this posted, but like the pilgrims, I wanted to express something from the past year for which I am thankful.  While I have much to be thankful for, I am very thankful for all of YOU!!  You have been the hands and feet of Jesus to me this past year as I've dealt with my cancer.  Though I'm not thankful for the cancer itself, I am extremely thankful for how God has used it, and continues to use it, to bring me into contact with so many people whom I might not have met otherwise.  He has used this diagnosis to glorify His name, which was one of my main prayer requests when this all started. 

As of now, I am still going to Wound Care once a week.  I didn't go this week due to Thanksgiving, but I have an appointment next week on Thursday.  They are pleased with the progress I am making in healing.  I have my radiation consultation in Albuquerque on Monday.  I hope I'll have at least a few answers after we've spoken with the doc there.

As we prepare for Advent, I am working on writing an Advent devotion for each week.  This is something I used to do each year, and I've missed it.  Truth be told - I've missed writing, period.  I am trying to get these put together in order to post them each Sunday of Advent.  I hope they will bless you as I am already being blessed through what God is teaching me as I write them.  Look for the first one sometime this Sunday.

Until then, I hope you have been able to enjoy time with friends, family, turkey, and pumpkin pie!  I've included a few pictures of the rolls I made this year - they turned out really well, and tasted really good!

Fresh out of the oven and ready to eat :)


No comments: