Here I am just before going in for surgery (this was a lumpectomy) yesterday. I felt good, and was ready to get it done!
I am doing very well today!! I am home (this was out patient surgery, so I came home yesterday), and have very little pain. It has been easily controlled with ibuprofen.
We didn't get to talk with the doc after the surgery yesterday - the best we could figure, the frantic couple who came in while Mom, Dad, and Steve were waiting to talk to the doc was her next appointment for surgery, and they were late. I know the OR was reserved for specific times, so we think she had to get in to do that surgery right away. When we said something to the nurses in recovery about not having spoken with the doc, they said that was odd (and she had said she would go out to talk to the family after the surgery ), and went to find her, but she was already in the next surgery. They said they would say something to her, so I halfway expect to hear from her this weekend sometime. They made sure they had my number.
My post op appointment is Thursday, which is when I'll find out if she got clean margins, meaning she got all the cancer. If she did, I will be done with surgery. If she didn't, she'll have to go back in. We are hopeful that she got it all.
I am thrilled that I am feeling so well today. The nurse had said I would probably feel yucky today and tomorrow, but so far that has not been the case! Thank you all for all your prayers - I am sure they are part of the reason I am having such an easy recovery! God is good all the time, but I am always thankful when He allows things to be a little easier for a time 😊!
In His care,
Sherri
1 comment:
Praise God!
Post a Comment